Years After it Took One of Our Great Tennis Stars, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Continues to Be a Problem

If you are a tennis fan, you might remember Vitas Gerulaitis. He died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the age of 40 while visiting a friend's home in Long Island. A defective pool heater caused carbon monoxide gas to seep into the guesthouse where he was sleeping and caused his death. According to this report, Gerulaitis failed to show up for a dinner at 7 p.m. that evening, and his body was found the following day by a maid who went to the guesthouse.

Be proactive about carbon monoxide poisoning at home!

Each year, at least 430 people in the U.S. die due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, and around 50,000 people visit the emergency department because of it, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports. However, carbon monoxide poisoning is preventable! Being proactive about carbon monoxide (CO) could save your life.

Share Your Story And Help Others Live Healthier Lives

Add My Story

Newsletter

We recommend Science-Based Products from Metagenics